Healthy Homemade Australian with fresh local ingredients for doggy bliss.
To produce Healthy Homemade Australian Dog Treats you must use healthy ingredients. This is exactly what we do!
Across Far North Queensland and the Atherton Tablelands, we carefully source a range of fresh ingredients. Organic chicken, kangaroo, beef and fish protein products all come from highly regarded local farms and sustainable fisherman.
We keep all the bad stuff out of our hand-made dog treats. Be assured there are no preservatives, salt, sugar or artificial ingredients as we manufacture all products in-house.
Because we do not import products, there are no chemical fumigation processes applied that could be detrimental to your dog`s health.
In the wild dogs hunted down small mammals, birds and perhaps fish. Some dogs hunted in packs enabling them to bring down larger mammals providing them with the natural proteins they depended on for a healthy life.
As our dogs are domesticated, we do not wish for them to be chasing down and killing the wildlife in the areas we live. Therefore it is up to us to provide the protein needs they require for a healthy and happy life.
Zoe’s natural treats are as close as you can get to what dogs would have eaten in the wild.
Made only from human-grade quality meat, nothing else, no preservatives and no colourings, only the water content has been removed.
You can use them as a diet supplement, a training aid, or rewards for good behaviour knowing you are giving them the best quality natural treats available.
Zoe’s Home-made Dog Biscuit and Muffin Mixes – what’s in ’em?
- 100% preservative, sugar and salt-free, Australian grown (mostly local) product, rich in essential nutrients – Zoe’s Doggy Treats are nothing like the dog treats you’ve tried before. Our particular blend of healthy ingredients makes up the base for all our pet treats so you can feel confident when you treat your fur baby.
- Free-range organic eggs laid by our free-range chooks. Egg yolks are essential food for a dog with skin problems. An excellent source of very digestible protein, riboflavin, vitamin A, B6, B12, D, and vitamin E.
- The bone broth we make is rich in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and other trace minerals. Bone broth even contains glucosamine and chondroitin; this helps mitigate the effects of arthritis and joint pain. The body quickly absorbs the minerals in homemade bone broths, and it is also rich in gelatin, which shows promise in the fight against degenerative joint diseases. Gelatin helps to support the connective tissue and promotes the growth of healthy nails and fur.
- Chicken dog treats are produced using free-range organic chicken meat, which is free from added hormones and any residual pesticides found in some commercially grown chicken feed. Any country person will tell you; an organically fed, free-range chicken just tastes better than any other.
- Tableland Wagyu beef goes into all our beef dog treats, which is rich in iron and has a higher proportion of the desirable monounsaturated fats than other beef varieties. It is high in Omega 6 and Omega 3 for a healthy heart and joints.
- All the fish used in our dog treats come from registered sustainable fisherman here in the Far North guaranteeing that your dog will have the best fish and our fishing resources will maintain sustainably.
- Cold Pressed Organic Sunflower oil is polyunsaturated oil with low saturated fat levels, is high in Vitamin E and a good source of Omega 6 which is beneficial in maintaining healthy skin and coat.
- Fresh Organic Turmeric, Curcumin is said to be the principal pharmacological chemical in organic turmeric. It is widely used in Asia as it has antibacterial properties, as an anti-inflammatory, an anti-diarrhoea agent, an astringent, an appetite stimulant, as a calmative, an analgesic, an antioxidant and is known as an anti-carcinogen.
- The formulated high protein biscuit and mutfin mix is a combination of milled oats, brown rice flour, unprocessed bran and wheatgerm blended to produce a high fibre, high protein and vitamin-packed formula that will help to keep your dog healthy on the inside.
Vet approved dog treats.
We always consult with our veterinary nutritionist to be sure that we find the right balance between healthy and delicious.
If your dog does have particular health, dietary or breed-related problems, always consult with your vet before making dietary changes. All our doggy treats can be used to supplement your dog’s diet, however never as a meal replacement. They should be calculated into your dog’s daily food intake requirements to help maintain them at a healthy weight.