In this policy, “us”, “we”, or “our” means Zoe’s Doggy Treats, operators of this website.
As the National Privacy Principles bind us by the policies contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (subject to any exemptions that apply to us under that Act).
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect falls into four categories: contact details, click trails, activity history, and publishable content.
- We collected contact details as supplied by you from time to time. We do not personally store usable credit card information. Where a record is required, we entrust credit cards to our payment gateway and save only the last few digits and expiry date of your credit card solely for purposes of identity confirmation and forewarning of expiry.
- Click trails record the paths taken by visitors through the website. This information is recorded against IP address and may be possible to correlate by computer.
- Activity History consists of orders, enquiries, votes submitted via the website, or offline contact you have with us such as phone calls.
- Publishable content consists of comments or other submissions of content you would like us to publish on our website.
2. HOW WE COLLECT IT
Contact details and the publishable material collected when supplied by you either via the website or direct to us by other means.
Click trails are recorded by our servers as each request reaches the website. Includes but is not limited to:
- The type of browser you are using
- The date and time of your visit
- Your IP address
- The address of the website that referred you to ours
- The address of pages accessed and any documents downloaded
Click trails can be correlated over time by the use of ‘cookies’ as outlined in section 6. In most cases click trail data is not directly individually identifiable.
Whenever you undertake an activity such as submit an enquiry, comment, vote on an object, use social media, SMS or telephone us is recorded or contact us by any means stays recorded.
3. WHY WE COLLECT IT AND HOW WE USE IT
Publishable content is collected and republished where applicable to enable a two-way conversation in public between our visitors and us.
We collect your contact details and activity history:
- To respond to requests or queries you raise
- To confirm your identity
- To fulfil orders made by you
- To keep you up to date with news, special offers, and other marketing information you have opted-in to receive.
We collect click trail data:
- To measure and monitor the performance of our website
- To estimate interest in our products and services
- To refine and update our website’s content
4. HOW WE DISCLOSE IT
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information to third parties, under the following circumstances:
- As part of a sale of all or part of our business
- When explicitly authorised to do so by yourself at the time you supply the information
- As required or permitted by any applicable law
- As needed for the processing of credit card payments, Internet Payment Gateways and Merchant Facilities.
- As part of an investigation by us into you or your activity on our website (including to your Internet Service Provider or network administrator)
- To lessen or prevent a serious threat to a person’s health or safety
5. PUBLISHABLE CONTENT
Content submitted by you for publication may be disclosed to all visitors of our website and republished on other websites at our discretion.
If you provide personal information with either of your own or any third party as part of the publishable content, you warrant that you have permitted us to publish said information and indemnify us against any consequences resulting from the publication of said information.
If you find your personal information published on our website without your consent, please contact us immediately as outlined in section 10.
Cookies are electronic tokens containing small amounts of information that is passed between a web browser and server. They are used to maintain session state between pages or to retain information between visits if you return to the website at a later time.
7. OPTING IN AND OUT
You may opt-out from the correlation of passive activity data by turning off cookies in your browser. Please note however disabling cookies may result in a reduction of available functionality on our site including but not limited to the loss of the ability to post comments and vote on content.
When you supply us with your email address, you may be asked to opt-in to receive marketing information by e-mail or other means.
You will are given the opportunity to opt-out from receiving further communications from us accordance with this policy each time we send you information for which you have opted in, as this comes in the form of an ‘unsubscribe’ link, generally in the footer and header of each email.
If you receive any communication purporting as to be connected with us or our products or services that you believe was sent to you other than by this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us immediately as outlined in section 10.
8. INFORMATION MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY
With the exclusion of information supplied for publication (as described in section 5). We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold does not become lost, misused, or inadvertently provided to unauthorised third parties, including utilising firewalls, password locking, truncation of credit card data, encryption of data in transit, and secured servers.
You acknowledge that the security of communications sent by electronic means cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the internet at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not wholly within our control.
You must ensure the security and confidentiality of any username and password used by yourself to access this website. You agree that you will be held responsible for all activities which occur under your username and password (including but not limited to publication of illegal or defamatory material or any other unlawful activity, or unauthorised charging of your credit card).
You agree that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party and that the collection and use of your information by third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please contact us immediately as outlined in section 10.
9. GAINING ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right (excluding exceptions described in the Privacy Act) to seek access to and update or correct the personal information we hold about you. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. We may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your demand.
If you would like to seek access to personal information we hold about you, you can contact us as outlined in section 10.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, or would like to request access or changes to the information we hold, please email us in writing to:
Zoe`s Doggy Treats
409 lake Barrine Road